Connecting the World, Creating Global Opportunities
Strength of aviation, prosperity for the nations
Recognizing achievers, inspiring others
Supporting the growth of aviation, making this world a better place
let’s take action
Safe, secure, economical and sustainable civil aviation system for the world
The General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) was created in 1996 to oversee and regulate all aspects of civil aviation in the UAE. Specifically, the GCAA is solely responsible for creating regulation and legislation, organizing and monitoring safety & security, providing air navigation and support services, air accident investigations and facilitating air connectivity and international cooperation in civil aviation. The UAE is at the forefront of international safety cooperation and actively involved in ICAO’s committees to advance global aviation safety efforts. The UAE is ranked as the top ICAO member state in compliance level with ICAO requirements under the USOAP Programme.
Two of the SMBR Global Aviation Award categories are through nominations. These are
- To recognize the individuals or entities who commit themselves to the advancement of the industry we ask everyone connected with the industry i.e. individual or an institution to help us find them, honor them and share their story with the world.
- The decision to exclude GCAA / Strategic Partner staff and their relatives form the Award, guarantees a fair and impartial opportunity to all potential candidates.
Please note, nominations can be made only for two categories 5 and 6 i.e. Aviation Personality of the Triennium & Innovation (aviation safety, security, sustainability, passenger experience and environment)
Click on appropriate category for which you want to nominate.
- If unsure, click on the About Awards - SMBR Global Aviation Awards
- Fill out the nominator details first on the forms.
- Once you have completed your details, fill in the details for your nominee on the Nominee Information form
- Please ensure you have access to the email address entered in the nomination form as this email address will be verified upon submission.
- You can nominate entities or individuals for the Innovation category.
- You can only nominate individuals for the Aviation Personality of the Triennium category.
- Once you have completed the form, click on the Submit button. You shall receive verification email, please click the verification link in the email to complete your submission. You shall receive an email acknowledging your nomination.
- Provide as many details and support documentation as possible, this will help the selection process.
- Please refer to the Terms & Conditions page for further details.
General Civil Aviation Authority
Abu Dhabi Airport Road
Copyright © GCAA All rights reserved.
Federal Authority هيئة اتحادية